True children of God are, according to the Scriptures, forever saved and eternally secure because:
1. They are born, again of incorruptible seed which yields the fruit of everlasting life (1 Peter 1:23).
2. They stand before God clothed in the imputed (credited) righteousness of Christ, and not in their own (2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:19-21).
3. His sheep have been given eternal life-they shall never perish (John 10:28).
4. Their eternal lives are forever hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:1-3).
5. They are already seated in the heavenlies in Christ (Ephesians 1:3; 2:6).
6. The penalty for all their sin has been forever settled through the perfect and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 4:23-5:2; 5:6-9).
7. Loss of reward at the Judgment Seat of Christ is certain for the careless Christians, but not loss of salvation (1 Corinthians 3:10-15).
8. God faithfully chastens all of His children, even to the point of taking home those who refuse their Heavenly Father's correction (Hebrews 12:6-11; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 11:28-32).
9. They have already been delivered from the wrath to come (1 Thessalonians 1:9,10; 5:8-10).
10. They are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30; Romans 8:23).
11. The Lord knoweth them that are His; false professors will be revealed as such at the White Throne Judgment (2 Timothy 2:19; Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 7:21-23).
12. God is the one Who has begun the good work in the believer, and He has promised to perform it until the day of Jesus Christ; they are to "work out," not "work for" their salvation (Philippians 1:6; 2:12,13).
13. They are already living stones in the spiritual building of God of which Christ Himself is the Chief Cornerstone (1 Peter 2:5; Ephesians 2:20-22).
14. They are members of the Body of Christ, each with a peculiar function and without each one, the Body would not be complete (1 Corinthians 12:12-27).
15. They are kept by the power of God, through faith, not through the efforts or the works of the one who is saved. (1 Peter 1 :5).
16. Their incorruptible, everlasting inheritance is reserved for them by God (1 Peter 1 :1-4).
17. They are God the Father's irrevocable gift to God the Son (John 17:6,7).
18. Backsliding is a sin, but the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1 :7-9)
19. He is able to save them to the uttermost because Christ "ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).
20. They are upon trusting Christ made "accepted in the Beloved" (Ephesians 1:6).
21. Nothing can separate them from the love of Christ (Romans 8:38-39).
22. By one offering He hath perfected forever them that are sanctified (Hebrews 10:10-14).
23. They cannot be unborn (John 3:6-8).
24. Christ dwelleth in them for ever (2 John 2).
25. No man can pluck the Christian out of His Father's hand, and that necessarily includes the believer himself (John 10:29).
26. All who are justified are finally glorified-none are lost along the way (Romans 8:28-30).
27. In their flesh dwelleth no good thing; they are saved by grace (undeserved favor) and not by their own works (Ephesians 2:8, 9).
28. The gifts and calling of God are without repentance; God will never annul His promise or cast out those who have come unto Him through Christ (Romans 11:29; John 6:37; 17:2).
(this article was taken from: http://www.feasite.org/Tracts/fbcsecr1.htm)
I'm saved to the uttermost! I know that I am!
I've been washed by the blood of the precious Lamb!
~~"I'm so saved, it's pitiful!!" - Pastor Steven G. Brown
I am Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! I am intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. I have a good head on my shoulders, and oftentimes find myself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of ridiculousness. I take great pleasure in many things. I am proficient in nearly all of them, though I will never own it. Lest I seem too perfect, I have a tendency toward prejudgement that serves me very ill indeed.